People use aspirin to relieve pain, reduce fever, but the lack of knowledge regarding the use of aspirin safely increases the chances of side effects like nausea, stomach pain, heartburn, gastritis, liver toxicity, etc. Therefore, we’re here to provide you the best guidance on aspirin usage as advised by one of the greatest healthcare leaders Christian Fletcher Atlanta Lifebrite’s CEO.
Before we begin to discuss the proper ways to take aspirin, patients should know what the medicine is used for. Aspirin is basically used to subside pain, fever and inflammation. Apart from that, this medicine can also be used to treat symptoms like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, osteoarthritis, and other rheumatic conditions.
It’s a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, also known as NSAID. There are basically three categories related to NSAIDs such as salicylates, cox2 selective NSAIDs and traditional NSAIDs. Aspirin belongs to the salicylate category.
The generic term for aspirin is acetylsalicylic acid, but there are other names and brands available. The tablet comes in three varieties of 81 mg, 325 mg, and 500 mg. Mostly patients with CAD diseases are advised to use the 81 mg dose, however if you have other symptoms and decide to use aspirin, then look at the following tips.
Ways to Take Aspirin Effectively:
Aspirin should strictly be taken at the advice of a physician. The best thing to do is assist your physician with the diagnosis by providing him an accurate medical depiction. In order to assist healthcare professionals to maintain precision in medical diagnosis, Christian Fletcher LifeBrite lab has been serving as a medication reconciliation partner. This assists the physician in providing proper medical treatment.
Apart from the dosage instructions, here are some of the suggestions that allow safe use of aspirin:
- The tablet must be swallowed whole with a glass of water. Don’t try breaking or chewing it.
- The chewable aspirin tablets can be chewed but drinking a glass of water is recommended.
- Children may develop Reye’s syndrome where fat builds up in the liver, brain, and other organs of their body. So, consult with doctors before giving aspirin to them.
When to Discuss with Your Doctor?
Although it is advisable not to take aspirin without your doctor’s consultation, there are some serious cases where a doctor’s consultation is a must.
- If you’re taking medications like Diamox, Dilantin, ACE inhibitors, Depakote, beta-blockers, blood thinners, diuretics, medication for diabetes, arthritis, and gout, then you should consult with your doctor before taking aspirin.
- If you have had asthma or problems such as a runny nose, then consult with your doctors before taking aspirin.
- If you have an excessive drinking problem, then you should consult with doctors before taking aspirin or any other pain medications.
- Patients who have a history of heartburn, ulcers, anemia and stomach pain are also advised to consult with doctors before taking aspirin.
Aspirin is one of the most heavily used medications in the entire world. Excessive aspirin usage increases the chances of health complications.
Even women have little to no knowledge of avoiding aspirin during pregnancy, which could cause a serious deterioration their overall health. It’s strongly advised for everyone to consult with their doctors before consuming aspirin. There are medical laboratories like Christian fletcher Atlanta LifeBrite lab that assists healthcare professionals conduct accurate diagnosis.